A short brief walk-through on setting up a python environment in Eclipse with the necessary libraries. Note that all installers need to be of the same architecture namely 32bit or 64bit. This walktrhough will focus on the 64bit case.
1. Install the latest java runtime environment
2. Install the latest python distribution
3. Install the latest eclipse environment
4. Follow the instructions on the pydev site to install and setup the pydev module
5. Install the fundamental libraries from this site, below is a list of packages I would recommend:
I would recommend looking for the latest versions of the linked applications.